Often working in conjunction with vitamins, minerals are indispensable to healthy physical functioning.
|% of RDA *
|In which chocolate?||Functions|
3 – 40%
|Mostly found in milk and white chocolate||– needed for the formation and maintenance of bones and teeth
– together with vitamin A, aids coagulation of blood in wounds
– plays a role in muscle function
6 – 60%
|The greatest concentrations are found in dark chocolate||– helps maintain a strong skeletal system
– primarily active in the promotion of memory and brain function and in preventing depression
0 – 60%
|Mostly found in dark chocolate, in a lesser extent, in milk chocolate||– has a role in countering cardiovascular disease|
2 – 35%
|Mostly found in dark chocolate||– active in the transport of oxygen to all body tissues|
25 – 35%
|Only found in milk and dark chocolate||– involved in the maintenance of a strong skeletal system.
– has a role in the utilization of energy arising from food.
7 – 17%
|The highest concentrations are found in dark chocolate||– important in the take-up of nutritional elements from macro-nutrients
– involved in cell growth and the repair of tissue in the human body
0 – 100%
|Mostly found in dark chocolate, in a lesser extent, in milk chocolate||– helps the functioning of the nervous system|
|* RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance|